45% identified valuing Christchurch's culture and heritge as an important need.
- Sites and places of significance to tangata whenua are protected and celebrated - 15% this is essential.
- Cultural and ethnic diversity is valued and promoted - 14% said this is essential.
- Christchurch's identity and heritage is enhanced in the development of new buildings and public spaces - 13% said this is essential.
- The values and identity of those who occupied the land prior to the earthquakes are respected - 13% said this is essential.
- Opportunities for participation in arts, culture and creative expression are provided - 7% said this is essential.