75% indentified the protection and enhancement of unique landscapes and indigenous wildlife and plants as an important need.
- The quality and quantity of ground water is protected (eg. drinking water that is sourced from underground aquifers) - 83% said this is essential.
- Water quality in river, streams, lakes and wetlands is improved - 72% said this is essential.
- Native plants and wildlife are protected and attracted - 46% said this is essential.
- Landscapes and natural features are protected and enhanced - 40% said this is essential.
- The land and water supports the production of food for residents now and in the future (eg. mahinga kai) - 31% said this is essential.