Community connection and participation
- Extend existing and develop new accessible walkways and cycle ways.
- Create water sports facilities and a purpose built rowing lake.
- Create community gardens, orchards and areas for edible plants – mahinga kai.
- Create a ‘city to surf’ green corridor with a wide network of walkways and cycle ways.
- Create a forest park with recreational facilities and a dog park.
- Create natural playgrounds.
- Offer accessible free and low cost activities for families.
- People are more socially and mentally connected when they have nature in their communities.
- Organise planting days and volunteer events.
- Provide camping facilities with picnic and barbeque areas.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link